Search This Blog

Friday, July 24, 2026



The Brevity of Death Part 2



Okay, so here's episode two of "The Brevity of Death"... Did you know, you can buy your dearly departed a used casket? I had no idea, but it's absolutely true! ~~~ In order to clarify how a casket becomes "used"... When someone is going to have an open casket ceremony and then be cremated, they re-use the same casket over and over and just replace the frilly satin liner on the inside. I don't know why they do that... it's not like the dearly departed are going to spill their kool-ade or their beer or whatever. I think it's probably just a scam so they can still claim the casket is new, because the guy swore up and down that the casket was new, but that they had been using it for a while, so the owner was wanting to replace it with a newer model. So he was willing to sell it to us on the cheap. So, in honor of my lovely little wife, who always got super excited over a great bargain, we bought the used coffin and will be burying her in it. And knowing Traci, if there happens to be any lingering remnants of the souls who have previously used this casket, I have no doubt she has already made good friends with them by now, and it truly warms my heart, just knowing she won't be in there alone!

No comments:

Post a Comment